Article audio is made possible by CAST11 Prescott Podcast Network. A Talking Glass Media production.
With the new year, we are usually motivated to do better, feel better and be better. Does it last all year? Sometimes it does. It is a good time to look at our daily lives and see what we can do to make each day better, how we can make a difference, how we can improve health and happiness for ourselves and our loved ones. Whether you have a large family or live alone, there are things we can do this new year to achieve our goals and make them last all year long.
Cleaning up, clearing out, and starting fresh can apply to both material things like in our homes, but it can also have a broader meaning. Here are a few thoughts I have to share.
1. Count your blessings: Take stock of what is important to you. Take 5 minutes each morning to review what you are thankful for and spend time appreciating those things. We all have something to be thankful for and often get too busy to recognize those things. Your day will be less stressful when you take the opportunity to look at the bigger picture.
2. Let go: If there are things that are bringing you down that you cannot change, let them go. Let go of past failures, maybe you didn’t lose the weight last year, or get the dream job, or paint the house. Whatever it is, you can’t change the past, so let it go and move forward with renewed resolve.
3. Don’t set your resolutions too high: If you are a “New Years’ Resolution” type of person, make sure that you set attainable goals. Little tiny steps that you achieve will do much good for your esteem. It will motivate you to move forward. Expecting too much and not achieving will have the opposite result.
4. Clean up: Deciding to clear out the “stuff” and clean up for the new year often has long-lasting emotional and health benefits. It feels so good to get rid of the things you don’t need and are creating clutter in your life. Do a closet at a time, a section of the garage, or one dresser at a time. Have a garage sale or donate items you no longer need. Do a deep clean or hire a professional to help with the big stuff, windows, carpets, ovens, blinds, and baseboards. What a great feeling!
5. Commit to better well-being: Decide what would make you feel better this year. Maybe eat a little healthier, walk a little more, take up a hobby or sport, dance a little, sing out loud (even if you’re tone deaf), and do what you can to get enough sleep. Make a conscientious effort this year to improve your well-being.
6. Learn to treat yourself: You deserve to allow yourself some luxuries. In our industry, we find that at a certain point in life, many people who have worked very hard for many years, finally come to the realization that they deserve some help with things, like cleaning their homes. Hire someone to do the things you don’t like to do. Maybe schedule a massage, or just allow yourself some downtime.
7. Serve others: Such an important concept. Small acts of kindness will lighten your own burdens and lift others. What a way to start the new year.
rescott Maid to Order wants to help you live a better life. Find out how prescottmaidtoorder.com can help you enjoy the good stuff while they take care of the grime!
At Prescott Maid to Order, stars are offered every day for every job completed. Since 2005, Prescott Maid to Order has been The Quad City’s #1 cleaning service. Offering residential cleaning, window cleaning, pet & house sitting, carpet cleaning and more, Prescott Maid to order is your local star for all things needed in property cleaning and other at-home, and business services!
Why hire Prescott Maid to Order? They offer reliable, consistent, and dependable service. They are locally owned and operated. The company is bonded and insured, offers a professionally trained staff, and provides a 100% satisfaction guarantee!